Feeling down

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Cat diagnosed with aggressive bone cancer today and had to be put down. :( He was 15 and his kidneys weren't great. Vet said it was kindest thing to do. Could have taken him home for the weekend but would have been mean. Cat would have suffered and not fair on kids either. Feeling sad.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Cat diagnosed with aggressive bone cancer today and had to be put down. :( He was 15 and his kidneys weren't great. Vet said it was kindest thing to do. Could have taken him home for the weekend but would have been mean. Cat would have suffered and not fair on kids either. Feeling sad.
I am so sorry Scandi pets are so part of the family its heartbreaking when you lose an old family friend.

Reactions: 6 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
:( Nearly lost one of my dogs a month ago (she spent 2 weeks in the vets on drips) so know just how you feel.

Oh and just noticed only 3 lbs to go until you reach your goal. Are you going to stop or continue

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
:( Nearly lost one of my dogs a month ago (she spent 2 weeks in the vets on drips) so know just how you feel.

Oh and just noticed only 3 lbs to go until you reach your goal. Are you going to stop or continue
Thank you! He was a lovely old boy. Wish I did only have 3lbs to go but I've lost 2 stone 6lbs and need to lose another 2 stones 9lbs. Currently weigh 13 stone 9lbs which is 2 stone 4lbs more than hubbie ! Will be chuffed when I get to 11 but ought to be 10 stone. Will probably eat low carb forever now. Kids eating crisps. Chicken flavour and pinched one. Very yummy. Could eat a pack right now! :confused:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so sorry Scandi. I know how heartbreaking it is. He must have been suffering, so he is now painfree and asleep in peace.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Oh Scandi. How heartbreaking. It must have been such a shock for you too. My kitty boy has terminal cancer and "sad" doesn't even come close. Hugs for you, hub and the kids x

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are such a big part of the family you will miss him.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you! He was a lovely old boy. Wish I did only have 3lbs to go but I've lost 2 stone 6lbs and need to lose another 2 stones 9lbs. Currently weigh 13 stone 9lbs which is 2 stone 4lbs more than hubbie ! Will be chuffed when I get to 11 but ought to be 10 stone. Will probably eat low carb forever now. Kids eating crisps. Chicken flavour and pinched one. Very yummy. Could eat a pack right now! :confused:
Ahh I see you update your goal as well... Don't give in to the crisps. Try a few peanuts instead.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Really sorry to hear that Scandi. But I think that was the right decision for the sake of his quality of life.

Reactions: 6 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Scandichick I am so sorry for your loss! My oldest cat will be 17 this autumn and has bad kidneys too. I am in the process of coming to grips with him having to go eventually but I have had him since he was born. When the time comes I will bury him next to his mother here on the farm. But until then he will be my very beloved cat who sleeps in my bed and drinks from my bed side water glass.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Scandi, so sorry to hear your news. Never had a cat myself, but pets are part of the family aren't they? It was the right thing to do though, so well done for having the strength to do that. My Mum once refused to have a dog put down but it was a huge mistake as the poor thing died 5 days later.

Lots of love and hugs
xx

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so sorry to read this, Scandi .:(

It's never an easy decision to make, but you made the right, and kindest one.
Big (((((hugs ))))) to you and your family.

Signy

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really feel for you. We had to have our last dog put down due to a cancerous growth. Losing a pet is horrible, whenever it happens, but you did the absolute right thing in not allowing the cat to suffer. The fact that pets don't last as long as we'd like is a downside to owning them, but the pros far outweigh the cons in terms of the love and joy they bring to our lives while they're around.

Big hugs ((( )))

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Such a shame, be assured you did the right by not taking him home for the weekend as there's no point in prolonging the suffering

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh Scandichick I am so sorry for your loss! My oldest cat will be 17 this autumn and has bad kidneys too. I am in the process of coming to grips with him having to go eventually but I have had him since he was born. When the time comes I will bury him next to his mother here on the farm. But until then he will be my very beloved cat who sleeps in my bed and drinks from my bed side water glass.
Had him for 13 years. He was a rescue cat. He was very nervy around people but once the kids were in bed he would get as close as he could and bury his face in the side of my neck. Total mummy's boy! He was my shadow when I was ill from work with pneumonia for 5 weeks in the autumn. Feels very strange without him! :(

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had him for 13 years. He was a rescue cat. He was very nervy around people but once the kids were in bed he would get as close as he could and bury his face in the side of my neck. Total mummy's boy! He was my shadow when I was ill from work with pneumonia for 5 weeks in the autumn. Feels very strange without him! :(
Three years ago we got two kittens as I knew how terrible it will be when Gösta (Gustav Vasa, his mother was Elisabeth Tudor) has to go. Now we have three young cats and that will be some comfort when the day comes.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Oh sorry Scandichic , hope you're ok. Xx big cyber hug from me to you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A week after we had our old boy put down I signed up for fostering dogs from Wood Green. The first dog they sent was a 4 month old hound who'd been abandoned. Needless to say i was a rubbish dog fosterer. I fell in love with her and kept her. She grew into the massive beast in my profile pic.