Insulin pens

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just out of curiosity i wondered what insulin pens everybody was using? And have you changed pens for any reason? Im currenty using the novo pen 4. Think its okay, have a silver and blue version, wish it did half measures though. Thanks :)

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I use the NovoPen Echo which is great little pen, it has a memory function and also doses in half units, for my basal I use the Lantus Solostar disposable pens.

Reactions: 4 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the NovoPen Echo for my Bolus. Used to use the disposable ones but they were only full units and the Echo is really good as I can take half units.
I still use disposable pens for my Lantus.

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Novopen Echo for bolus and Clikstar for Lantus. I love the half doses x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Novopen Echo for bolus and Clikstar for Lantus. I love the half doses x

Me too, the half unit dosing is great. Wonder how long the battery lasts in the Echo before it fails, sure I've had mine well over a year now.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too, the half unit dosing is great. Wonder how long the battery lasts in the Echo before it fails, sure I've had mine well over a year now.

I'm at just about a year with mine and still going strong.
They did give me two though so got another for when this one fails.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The echo seems popular, i didnt get the choice unfortunately. Might see if can get novopen 5, if its out yet! heard its alot like echo.

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)

SpikeThacker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
novarapid flexpen & luntus solostar. no problems atm
i didn't get a choise, so i know no different

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The echo seems popular, i didnt get the choice unfortunately. Might see if can get novopen 5, if its out yet! heard its alot like echo.

Just had a quick look at the NovoPen 5 and it is available, it looks very much like the Echo except it doesn't do half units.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just out of curiosity i wondered what insulin pens everybody was using? And have you changed pens for any reason? Im currenty using the novo pen 4. Think its okay, have a silver and blue version, wish it did half measures though. Thanks :)

type 1 novorapid/ lantus diagnosed oct 2013

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a quick look at the NovoPen 5 and it is available, it looks very much like the Echo except it doesn't do half units.
Oh was looking forward to abit more accuracy from the novo's. Ohwell thanks for the disappointing info lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Oh was looking forward to abit more accuracy from the novo's. Ohwell thanks for the disappointing info lol

Just ask your Dr or DSN for a prescription for the NovoPen Echo, they won't routinely offer you new pens as they come on the market so you do need to request them.

Reactions: 2 people

TP051

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We are a group consisting of 4 students from Tampines Junior College in Singapore and are conducting a research for our ‘A’ level Project Work coursework which is based on diabetes.
We have made a survey to find out more about how we can improve the process of administering insulin.
We would be extremely grateful if you could help us in our research by partaking in the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/130idUjic_MqGezSq1nKvBWAC1Zl-8NlT19ZrA1_J9AE/viewform
Thank you :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use NovoPen Demi for fast-acting insulin and Solostar for Lantus. When I was diagnosed they gave me Clickstar for Lantus and I loved it. The mere reason of switching to Solostar was because it's the most used one in my country.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use NovoPen Demi for fast-acting insulin and Solostar for Lantus. When I was diagnosed they gave me Clickstar for Lantus and I loved it. The mere reason of switching to Solostar was because it's the most used one in my country.

Hi,

I use the Clikstar for Lantus. Nice pen. More robust than it looks..