Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

My doctors surgery does a first call first served system on the day. Some appointments are pre booked but gone are the days of waiting days/weeks to see a GP. If you phone after 8.30 am you will be seen that day.
If only.......

Reactions: 3 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 this morning for me :)

Fish and salad/ veg is always the best combo for fasting/ post blood sugar numbers :)

Reactions: 17 people

brummybri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been put onto Insulin, which I always dreaded, but now seems inevitable. My morning readings average 5.9. Seeing diabetic nurse next month, I am not sure how well/badly I am doing.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I have been put onto Insulin, which I always dreaded, but now seems inevitable. My morning readings average 5.9. Seeing diabetic nurse next month, I am not sure how well/badly I am doing.
Good numbers. Better a wee bit high than too low.

Reactions: 5 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
4.6 this morning for me :)

Fish and salad/ veg is always the best combo for fasting/ post blood sugar numbers :)
As a Piscean I just love fish. Can't get enough of it, maybe some mackerel or herring for lunch...yummy

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi, welcome to the thread. Sounds a pretty good fasting average. Do you test pre and post meals too so you know the effect your food is having on your bs?

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
4.8 after my 5 mile walk....too the final tune on spotify...."learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all....George Benson...BLISS!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I know :blush: I've also got an eye infection so that could be contributing...
Aww...poor you. Just got over my infection so up for anything lol.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What, like you couldn't see how much you put in the bowl:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
That blingy new Contour meter is improving your humour Adrian. Snow showers here and I need to go out.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That blingy new Contour meter is improving your humour Adrian. Snow showers here and I need to go out.
You should be used to snow showers, not like us that live nearer the Equator in Lancashire. Just get out there and enjoy it.
building-snowman-smiley-emoticon.gif

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Too busy and travelling to get on yesterday, so six pages later ...

Thursday night was an odd one, I was meeting some friends at a pub, one of the occasions where I will have a pint of bitter. I didn't leave the office early enough to eat, so I thought I'd just get some food at the pub but it was quiz night and by the time I got there they'd run out. So dinner consisted of a pint of Harvey's best and a bowl of salted peanuts. 6.2 at bedtime but yesterday morning was 5.6.

Salmon and red wine last night after driving home, 5.1 this morning :)

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.