paddy my cat saves my life

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
late on Sunday evening after felling unwell for a few days and blood sugars a bit up and down I fell into a diabetic coma, my wife had gone to bed around 9.45 and I stayed up watching telly, the next thing I remember is coming around surrounded by a paramedic and my wife wondering what was going on, I had been given two lots of glucose solution and my blood glucose was still only 1.4, my wife told me that our cat Padfoot [ paddy ] had gone into our bedroom and pawed at her face to alert her and then brought her to me, I am very proud of paddy because another hour and I might not have made it, thank you Paddy my hero.

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
late on Sunday evening after felling unwell for a few days and blood sugars a bit up and down I fell into a diabetic coma, my wife had gone to bed around 9.45 and I stayed up watching telly, the next thing I remember is coming around surrounded by a paramedic and my wife wondering what was going on, I had been given two lots of glucose solution and my blood glucose was still only 1.4, my wife told me that our cat Padfoot [ paddy ] had gone into our bedroom and pawed at her face to alert her and then brought her to me, I am very proud of paddy because another hour and I might not have made it, thank you Paddy my hero.
Paddy is really such a hero.
I hope your well now. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm so pleased you pulled through, it must of been very scary.
Well done Paddy cat, I'm sure he is in for a big treat. Animals are wonderful and he's a hero :):cat:

Best wishes RRB :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I will sticj to the chicken, if he eats anything wirh fish he runs around like a tasmanian devil lol

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I will sticj to the chicken, if he eats anything wirh fish he runs around like a tasmanian devil lol

Do you have a photo of Paddy cat, I am an animal lover and have two cats.:) ps Chicken sounds a lovely treat, how are you this morning ?

RRB

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Too much Bugs Bunny methinks :) If he's a "Tassie devil", give him some rabbit :) .... and yep, being an Australian and seeing them up close, they ARE fierce little buggers.

Still, he IS a hero. Wonderful story

Reactions: 2 people

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Paddy

Attachments

• 1424341546254.jpg
    1424341546254.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 572

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Love it :) .... and I do not like cats at the best of times but learnt to live with the neighbour's Burmese.

For some reason, they love ME !!. Cuddle this one though :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Well done Paddy. You're a star. Lovely to know you've got help at hand if you need it :cat:

Reactions: Dodo