Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mojo37

6.2 this morning. Went to hospital today for pre op assessment. Got so worked up. I'm terrified of general anaesthetic next week. I'm such a wimp compared to the many brave folk on here.[/QUOT
I had a rare 4.3 yesterday and was starving hungry..... Although being that hungry doesn't guarantee a low bs for.me...strange
Its a strange old thing this diabetes ..since I've been diagnosed ( and accepted it ) and therefore started testing and whenever I am shaky / or very hungry and I test my BG is always low 4's or in the high 3's.Anything in the 3 range and I can't concentrate feel ill dizzy shaky etc sounds pathetic cos I'm 'well covered :rolleyes: and hardly likely to starve .

Reactions: 4 people
M

mojo37

6.2 this morning. Went to hospital today for pre op assessment. Got so worked up. I'm terrified of general anaesthetic next week. I'm such a wimp compared to the many brave folk on here.[/QUOT
I had a rare 4.3 yesterday and was starving hungry..... Although being that hungry doesn't guarantee a low bs for.me...strange
Its a strange old thing this diabetes ..since I've been diagnosed ( and accepted it ) and therefore started testing and whenever I am shaky / or very hungry and I test my BG is always low 4's or in the high 3's.Anything in the 3 range and I can't concentrate feel ill dizzy shaky etc sounds pathetic cos I'm 'well covered :rolleyes: and hardly likely to starve .

Oil Drum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 at 06:45 and 8.1 at 11:00 not too bad for me especially as breakfast included carbs. better than yesterday which pleased me a lot as BG has been erratic in late evening for a couple of days. Looking at the 7 day, 14 day and 30 day averages there is a definite trend to getting tighter BG control having gone at least partly on to LCHF.

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. Can anyone help me interpret yesterday's numbers through to this morning? 6.7 in the morning, I had some sugary fruit (mango) with my lunch but didn't test. by 7PM I was 5.2 (before supper). I did have another piece of mango but my supper was otherwise fairly low carb (chicken drumsticks with sautéed veg). Two hours after - oh dear, 9.7. A further hour after that, 7.1 and 6.3 this morning. What can be deduced from that lot?

I conclude you ran the gauntlet, eating tropical fruit, didn't test, then don't have enough data to draw any conclusions. You can either repeat the food patterns, but test properly, or banish mango. I dare say it depends how much mango you may intend to eat moving forward.

Reactions: 6 people

Oil Drum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the thread :) Are you also watching your diet as well as taking your meds?
Yep LCHF + fibre but not the full Newcastle diet and have went down from the "normal" (!) 4 x Metformin to 3 per-day and the graphs averages show a general downward trend over the last month but have been getting unexplained short lived BG spikes mainly in the very late evening.

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning after a 5.6 bedtime, day 5 of a 6 day week......soon be Sunday!!

Reactions: 16 people

Merrylizard1314

6.3 this morning. Can anyone help me interpret yesterday's numbers through to this morning? 6.7 in the morning, I had some sugary fruit (mango) with my lunch but didn't test. by 7PM I was 5.2 (before supper). I did have another piece of mango but my supper was otherwise fairly low carb (chicken drumsticks with sautéed veg). Two hours after - oh dear, 9.7. A further hour after that, 7.1 and 6.3 this morning. What can be deduced from that lot?
Yes, something did cause the spike. My guess it was the mango in the evening . Did you go for a walk afterwards? Sometimes that helps to offset fruit consumption. Perhaps the mango, (delicious, I know,)earlier in the day would have been offset by your usual activity during the afternoon. These spikes are so puzzling, and often the same food doesn't seem to have the same consequences.

Reactions: 6 people

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.4 this morning has phone call with diabetic nurse yesterday and am increasing insulatard by 2 units to 8 units a day to hopefully bring my sugar level down. I am exercising as much as I can and have reduced my carbs
Hope it does the trick

Reactions: 2 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
..............So I went to the NHS health dieticians to get some advice on the energy drinks/gels they hand out on marathon runs and low carbing/ketosis in general for diabetics.

Popped into Tesco's on the way back and bought 4 bags of reduced chicken thighs from the hot counter - 20 thighs for £4 - bargain.

So not a wasted journey after all!

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
A bit befuddled today...:(

Woke just before six am, not feeling too good and so stiff I could hardly move - and it's showing, tested: 7.2

went back to sleep , woke up and tested again at 11.30: 7.7, and still high later pre-meal: 8.0 ...

Robbity
Hope it's not the flu... better soon...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
6.2 this morning. Went to hospital today for pre op assessment. Got so worked up. I'm terrified of general anaesthetic next week. I'm such a wimp compared to the many brave folk on here.
You're not alone in being terrified... most would be... stay strong, and remember, we'll be with you in spirit... chin up... we'll be thinking of you... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Status
Not open for further replies.