• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by Fairygodmother

  1. Fairygodmother

    Season change, insulin needs change

    I don’t know if they do for everyone, but some of us experience seasonal changes in insulin needs. As far as I know, some need more in cold weather, some less. How long is it since you were diagnosed? Maybe you’re one of the lucky ones whose needs don’t change.
  2. Fairygodmother

    Season change, insulin needs change

    Hope that you trounce the cold before it trounces your graph. Stay well.
  3. Fairygodmother

    Season change, insulin needs change

    Hi again. How are you? I’m already on the low target of 5.5 and ratio of 5.0; I’m wondering whether I’ll need to change the basal setting. The bigger waking rise is the most significant season related effect, for me, so for now I’m giving a bit of extra insulin if needed and adding an extra 10g...
  4. Fairygodmother

    Season change, insulin needs change

    Yes, Ellie I am. I think you’re using the Tandem HCL whereas I’m on the Medtronic. So’s Paulaah.
  5. Fairygodmother

    Season change, insulin needs change

    When your insulin needs rise as summer departs, how does your pump cope? I’m asking because mine’s currently giving too little. Set changed, extra bolus given, hello autumn.
  6. Fairygodmother

    Set Change Places

    I really wouldn’t want to do anything needlessly related in a washroom. Even tho it may look clean, I’m told that the aerosols set off by water and anything else falling on water can hang in the air and settle invisibly on surfaces.
  7. Fairygodmother

    Set Change Places

    I guess I’m less keen to show my knickers than some; the tables didn’t have cloths on. If they had, lifting a dress to get to my stomach wouldn’t have bothered me.
  8. Fairygodmother

    Set Change Places

    I’ve had a new set change experience. A change was a last hope when corrections weren’t affecting high sugars. The venue? A cafe overlooking a Parisian Canal. The proprietor suggested the toilet, which was down a winding stair, dark, below canal level. And a toilet! He said ok, if the toilet...
  9. Fairygodmother

    Omnipod pump training

    Hope it makes your life easier! I find the pump I use seems to suit me, most of the time, and it’s certainly reduced hypos. I hope the Omnipod suits you and you have a good future with it.
  10. Fairygodmother

    Omnipod pump training

    Which pump has your nurse suggested you try?
  11. Fairygodmother

    Omnipod pump training

    Can you contact them online by text or email? If not then if it were me I’d phone and ask if there’s a day and place yet, and if not please contact me when there is. Each organisation is different. We don’t know how your diabetes team operate but there’s no harm in your reaching out to them for...
  12. Fairygodmother

    Problems with supplies of Medtronic equipment

    Yes, I had one too where they said they’d provide one box to start with while they sorted out the supply issue.
  13. Fairygodmother

    Omnipod 5 v Ypsomed

    I use neither, mine’s a Minimed seven eighty g, but this might help with your choice...
  14. Fairygodmother

    Advice please

    Are you still in Smart Guard?
  15. Fairygodmother

    Advice please

    Do you have the Medtronic seven eighty g handbook? See if there’s a section in there that’ll help? The only other things I can suggest is that you look at carb ratios, insulin sensitivity factor and basal set up The DSN who advises when I ask about finer tuning suggests changing these by small...
Back
Top