Why am I getting taken to diabetes destroy on this forum?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just clicked the "Join Forum " dismiss notice and there I was on that page again, its no longer funny

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
this is still a problem on this forum... just click on the logon screen and get taken straight to another web page. I have to keep clearing my caches and it still happens. Must be some bug on this forum.

I stay logged in, but on first visit to forum screen today, same thing happens. Not visiting much because it's just really annoying:banghead:

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just clicked on recent posts having just come back to the forum and it happened again......seems nowhere is safe on the site..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I just clicked on recent posts having just come back to the forum and it happened again......seems nowhere is safe on the site..

Also, I would think that as a lot of site 'problems' do seem happen on weekends (from what I have seen in the past) it would make sense to have some sort of way for staff on the forum to alert a site technical person regarding problems with bugs, viruses and hackers on the site. It doesn't make members feel confident about using the site. I know many work a five day week anyway, but for safety and confidence, something needs to be put in place as this problem was brought up (and is still ongoing) over a week ago now !! :wideyed:
A happy and a safe site. means happy and confident members. old and new :):)
Best wishes RRB

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
it's now not coming up as diabetes destroyer in my caches, but coming up as clickbait. I know because I cleared my caches before coming here and got it again and went straight back to caches and no mention of diabetes destroyer, but 'clickbait' which sounds about right as soon as I click on to the logon screen it does it. It just did it again. I think I need to take a break from this forum until it is fixed. It is **** annoying.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also, I would think that as a lot of site 'problems' do seem happen on weekends (from what I have seen in the past) it would make sense to have some sort of way for staff on the forum to alert a site technical person regarding problems with bugs, viruses and hackers on the site. It doesn't make members feel confident about using the site. I know many work a five day week anyway, but for safety and confidence, something needs to be put in place as this problem was brought up (and is still ongoing) over a week ago now !! :wideyed:
Best wishes RRB

Thanks for this info, RRB, I wondered why there had been no response to complaints over the last couple of days. I came across the bug on Friday night, and sent a PM straight away, but didn't realise there is no-one "on call" to deal with it. I agree it's something that needs to be thought about because by now the wretched thing has been able to bed itself all over the place once again, and/or it wasn't cleared fully in the first place.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Also, I would think that as a lot of site 'problems' do seem to happen on weekends (from what I have seen in the past) it would make sense to have some sort of way for staff on the forum to alert a site technical person regarding problems with bugs, viruses and hackers on the site. It doesn't make members feel confident about using the site. I know many work a five day week, but for safety and confidence, something needs to be put in place as this problem was brought up (and is still ongoing) over a week ago now !! :wideyed:
Best wishes RRB

Just wanted to edit a word and the edit, delete, report have changed !! 'Tools' came up bottom left and I had to click on that and then click on edit, how did that happen ?

I really believe this site is being hacked in some way, I wrote my main post last night and woke up to changes I didn't make, has my computer been targeted too :nailbiting:? Alerts has completely changed too :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Did you know they have a Facebook page.

I do now........................ copied and pasted this post.

10 months ago
Well, in one of his videos he's a chef, and slips into 3 day diabetic coma, and in another her is a marathon runner who slips into a 12 day coma.

Reactions: 2 people

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had it AGAIN yesterday morning. I have deleted cookies and cache and done a thorough virus check. It is obviously insidious and not easy to get rid off?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got it again too. When I put the forum address into the browser the amputated legs man came up before the DCUK forum page had even fully loaded. So obviously I wasn't even logged in to here then. @Giverny - Bet you don't like Mondays now huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

EdMac

It's not always that simple to sort these things out. If a hacker manages to install a 'backdoor script' on the server it means that as soon as you clear infected files they can instantly reinfect the server. A large website can have hundreds of thousands of files and the script can be disguised as anything, even an image file, so it's not easy to find. Having spent 6 days this Christmas disinfecting my own webserver and reinstating websites after a hack, whoever is responsible for this site has my sympathy. From a security POV provided you have your own antivirus and malware software up to date you should be fine.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
It's not always that simple to sort these things out. If a hacker manages to install a 'backdoor script' on the server it means that as soon as you clear infected files they can instantly reinfect the server. A large website can have hundreds of thousands of files and the script can be disguised as anything, even an image file, so it's not easy to find. Having spent 6 days this Christmas disinfecting my own webserver and reinstating websites after a hack, whoever is responsible for this site has my sympathy. From a security POV provided you have your own antivirus and malware software up to date you should be fine.
Absolutely this. I offer my sincerest apologies to anyone who's still getting redirected from the site, but would like to reassure you all that we're doing our absolute best to stop it happening.

Just wanted to edit a word and the edit, delete, report have changed !! 'Tools' came up bottom left and I had to click on that and then click on edit, how did that happen ?

I really believe this site is being hacked in some way, I wrote my main post last night and woke up to changes I didn't make, has my computer been targeted too :nailbiting:? Alerts has completely changed too :eek:
May I ask what's changed on your PC? The ***************** stuff doesn't seem to install any malware on any system we've checked it from.

I just clicked the "Join Forum " dismiss notice and there I was on that page again, its no longer funny
Trust me, we're not finding it particularly funny either :banghead:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Its a nuisance, but I'm sure that as its such a widespread PITA, the powders that be are doing all they can. In the meantime, the minute it pops up, I just close the tab. Out of sight and all that.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Absolutely this. I offer my sincerest apologies to anyone who's still getting redirected from the site, but would like to reassure you all that we're doing our absolute best to stop it happening.

May I ask what's changed on your PC? The ***************** stuff doesn't seem to install any malware on any system we've checked it from.

Hi, it's how I get into alerts that has changed and I have to click on tools, bottom left of the post i am on, to edit etc. probably coincidence ?? but odd that these little changes were made over night :confused:

Trust me, we're not finding it particularly funny either :banghead:

No, but someone else surely is........................:rolleyes:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
No, but someone else surely is........................:rolleyes:
If you could help me out by letting me know what has completely changed in your forum Alerts, we may be able to get the issue resolved quicker.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you could help me out by letting me know what has completely changed in your forum Alerts, we may be able to get the issue resolved quicker.

It's a different way of clicking on to them, plus I have 'the word tools' that I have to click on, which I didn't before. But, for whatever the reason, it's not critical, as other darker forces definitely need your attention. I will pm you if it continues or If I see any thing else.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It's a different way of clicking on to them, plus I have 'the word tools' that I have to click on, which I didn't before. But, for whatever the reason, it's not critical, as other darker forces definitely need your attention. I will pm you if it continues or If I see any thing else.
Am I correct in the assumption that you're browsing on a mobile device?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I clicked on the pump forum page this morning and was taken to a web site screaming about leg amputations!
I'm using a PC.