Pomegranate Juice

mshumph

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I read that pomegranate juice helps LDL, hardening of the arteries, prevents heart disease if you drink 1 cup for 3 months. Although high in sugars, it does not worsen diabetes markers, such as blood sugar levels, in the participants with diabetes.
1 cup of juice is about 38grams of carb.
Does anyone know if this is true and worth trying?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I read that pomegranate juice helps LDL, hardening of the arteries, prevents heart disease if you drink 1 cup for 3 months. Although high in sugars, it does not worsen diabetes markers, such as blood sugar levels, in the participants with diabetes.
1 cup of juice is about 38grams of carb.
Does anyone know if this is true and worth trying?

From my research all True, but so much sugar, I think your BG will not be impressed especially at the 38g carbs per day per cup for 3 months:)

mshumph

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I drank a cup today and my tummy expanded like a balloon. I felt stuffed and miserable. I didn't check if it spiked me. But I agree with you both. I can continue to get the benefits from other foods with less sugar and carbs.
Thank you.

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I drank a cup today and my tummy expanded like a balloon. I felt stuffed and miserable. I didn't check if it spiked me. But I agree with you both. I can continue to get the benefits from other foods with less sugar and carbs.
Thank you.

I am sure that's a sensible approach:)