Type 1 with hyperthyroidism and antipsychotics for schizophrenia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Green food, meds, insomnia, reactionary politics
Hi guys, here for an update.

So after the appointment with the endocrinologist he reviewed my thyroid levels and the adenoma went hot after all which sorta answered a lot of question with what was happening. I was slowly slipping into thyrotoxicosis and that was probably exacerbating the mental health symptoms. We're still going to try getting me on a meal plan and a pump after a fully recover from surgery and after we see if my antipsychotic medication needs to be reviewed after all. I'm not losing weight, though still not gaining it annoyingly, and am on thyroxine (groan, another pill) but because my insulin sensitivity shouldn't be effected by the hyperthyroidism anymore, they're looking at ceasing the metformin.

Thanks again for all the support.

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Samael_Coughlan , really glad they're being proactive! Keep up the good work.

I'm wondering though what they're giving you thyroxine when you're already producing so much of your own - that really doesn't sound quite right.

Hope all's well - sounds like they're keeping a close eye on things.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Green food, meds, insomnia, reactionary politics
Hi @Samael_Coughlan , really glad they're being proactive! Keep up the good work.

I'm wondering though what they're giving you thyroxine when you're already producing so much of your own - that really doesn't sound quite right.

Hope all's well - sounds like they're keeping a close eye on things.
That was the surgery, to remove the adenoma in my thyroid which was producing so mch thyroxine in the first place. They took a lot of thyroid out in the process and now I'm not making enough. There was a time where I had to ease off my psych medications when this came to light too so I'm not really that awesome at concentrating at the moment so I'm not sure/can't remember what the long term plan is.

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I see - I'm so sorry - I'd missed that bit - thanks so much for clarifying!

Hope you're okay - it sounds like things are all falling into place. Am sure you'll reach a balance where everything is at the right level, but I guess there will be some tweaking along the way.

You'll get there. Lots of balls in the air at the moment, and you're doing a grand job of it all.

:)