Type 2 wanting pump

jopar

Type 2 diabetics who use insulin for control can use an insulin pump, but in the UK, it is very rare indeed and I think that there is only an hand full that do..

The NICE guidelines for pump funding don't include T2's so this makes it very difficult for T2's to obtain funding for pumps...

Your best bet is to contact INPUT, who can better advise you about T2's and insulin pumping..

Hope this helps a bit

Hi and thank you for taking the time to read and answer my post.
I am on Novorapid at meal times (60-70 units) and Levemir at bed time (75 units)
I dont over eat and have managed to lose just over 3 stone in the last 12 months.
In spite of my high dosage my levels remain high, most of the time my BMs are in the 20s.
I have asked to be put under consultant care (8 months ago) but I have not heard from the hospital yet.
Debbie. Plymouth

DBolding

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Debbie

I completely feel your pain, and I hope you have managed to get something sorted out?

I too am a type 2 trying to get a pump!! I currently take 80u of Lantus in the morning and 80Humalog for my meals (20/30/40).

I have fought for a consultant appointment and finally got one, in 2 weeks time!! Im gonna ask him for a pump, but to be honest, not holding my breath!!

My DSN told me if I wanted one I could ask, but would most likely have to fund it myself!!!