Wow this is so sad

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37442522

A young US married couple who bonded through their shared struggles with cystic fibrosis have died within days of each other.

Katie Prager, 26, died in Kentucky on Thursday, five days after the death of her husband, Dalton Prager, 25.

Katie died in bed on Thursday morning, her mother wrote on Facebook.

"I know Dalton was waiting with open arms, as well as both her grandmothers and a host of family and friends that have gone before her," she wrote.

The couple married in 2011 after falling in love on Facebook.

Doctors had advised against meeting in person, due to the likelihood that Dalton would pass a highly-infectious disease to Katie.

The couple had been forced to live in separate states in recent years and were last together for their fifth anniversary in July. Katie had lived in Kentucky, while Dalton was living in Missouri.

Cystic fibrosis clogs the lungs with mucus making it difficult for patients to breath. The median survival age is 40-years-old.

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why does it take things like terminal illness to make people realise how to treat each other properly? Why can't we all just be like that anyway, instead of playing stupid games with each other and treating each other as disposable commodities? I wonder what all the people that use websites like Ashley Madison, or just cheat or abuse their partners in general, think when they read things like this? This couple would have done anything to see each other one last time, whilst millions are just destroying each other for fun or dumping each other because they don't quite hit their spot.

M

mist

Totally agree with you. I've somewhat given up on people after being repeatedly dumped on.