Sudden Sweating Change

lucinda

Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or can offer any advice.

I'm 26, I've been a Type 1 Diabetic since I was 8 years old. The last few years I've taken my eyes off the ball and havent been ensuring I look after myself as best as I possibly can. I've never missed injections but havent been paying enough attention to getting my sugars really under control.
I've recently tried to make some changes and have purchased myself a FreeStyle Libre Continuous Glucose Monitoring system with the sensor our wear on your arm a month ago in order to gain some control....not sure if that is relevant to be honest.

For as long as I can remember I have always sweated a fair bit more than your average woman, but I am aware that this isn't unusual for diabetics. But in the last 10 days or so I've noticed that my sweat has started to smell, and yet I dont seem to be sweating any more than I usually would. I tried changing my deodorant to something stronger but it made no difference. Its almost like my body has somehow changed.

I guess my real question is - has anyone else has something similar? And if so, what was the cause?
I'm concerned by reading various things online about it being a symptom of Ketoacidosis, however my sugars havent been far different. If anything the last two days they've been better than they have been for a while. Its bizarre that I can smell myself, even if only the tiniest bit, straight after I shower and I shower twice a day.

Just a bit concerned something else might be going on with my body.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
how high is your blood glucose in average nowadays ?

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lucinda. I have night sweats and day sweats when my sugars spike. They are getting more common and like you I have notice an odor which I am very self concious of. I think I may be peri menopausal. You are however a little too young for that particular delight, but sweats can be due to a whole variety of reasons. If they continue, please see your GP as it may be some other problem. We tend to blame diabetes for everything xx