Eating and type 2

sue1655

My sister, who has learning difficulties, has out of control type 2! She lives with her husband but they can't cook and have little idea of a balanced diet. We are trying to help them to change their diet is mostly processed food and takeaways. Does anyone have a very eating simple plan? Breakfast is particularly difficult! which cereals can they eat? they can't make their own!

Reactions: Freema

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My sister, who has learning difficulties, has out of control type 2! She lives with her husband but they can't cook and have little idea of a balanced diet. We are trying to help them to change their diet is mostly processed food and takeaways. Does anyone have a very eating simple plan? Breakfast is particularly difficult! which cereals can they eat? they can't make their own!

Hi,

Advice is going to vary A LOT depending on what medication she is on, if any. And whether she is willing and able to test her blood glucose.

Could you give us a bit more info?

What medications?
Where do they shop?
And their rough budget?

All of those will make a huge difference to the appropriate advice, I am afraid.

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum :)

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome here sue1655 :)

eggs and ham for breakfast

cheese and green pepper and butter with protein rolls from Lidl

full fat Greek yoghurt with fresh blueberries NO sugar

a handfull of nuts and a Little glass of milk or coffee with milk NO Sugar

maybe use stevia for sweeteing if learned to dose it rightly so it taste okay and not too bitter

weescotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just find so much conflicting information as I have high BP high cholesterol anxiety and now type 2..I have not had sugar or salt for 30yrs so why me!

Slalom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weescotty,
Processed Food has sugar(sucrose) and salt, so do some takeaways, even restaurants add some or both.

Also the humble spud, Loaf, Rice, Pasta and noodles are carbohydrates, which the body turns to glucose.

Hope this helps you with type 2, don't get brought down by it beat it.
Rod

Reactions: weescotty