weight loss

pumpkinzz

Hi, i was diagnosed type two over a year ago , but i have been in denial and i now realise i need to take this seriously.
one thing i have noticed is that i am losing weight without really trying , is this a symptom of uncontrolled diabetes,,as i,m worried it could mean something more saerious like cancer, i have lost about a stone in a year , and i,m really worried that i may have something serious, like cancer ,
any help appreciated, i,m also on prozac which i have heard can cause weight loss, but i always think the worst.
is it possible that this is happening because i am not controlling my blood sugars ,,thanks juli.

crystalyips

High Blood Sugars do cause weight loss. It's because instead of being converted into energy the sugar just sits in the blood stream. Because the body needs energy to perform basic human functions it compensates for this by burning body fat to use as fuel and this causes weight loss.
Tight control will stop the weight loss.
Hope that puts your mind at rest

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello Pumpkinzz :)

Are you self testing so that you know what foods do to your BG levels and what you can tolerate or not eat :?:

Sue Morton

You really do need to take diabetics seriously as not controlling it can cause you all sorts of problems and damage to your kidneys and other organs plus your nervous system especially those in your feet and hnds. I am knewly diagnosed and feel quite depressed about it but am trying to eat the right foods to help control my BS. For your own health and well being start by reading what has been posted on various sites the comments are really helpful.

In your losing weight do you have other sypmtons like dizzyness, dry mouth that having a drink wont cure, feeling extremely tired and fatigued? Then its time to start controlling your BS.

Hope things work out for you all the best
Sue :)