That sticky stuff!

Lisaspeake

Hi there, I am the mum of a 12 year old who was diagnosed with type 1 in November so we are still quite new to it all. This week he isn't having a trial with an insulin pump to see what he thinks of it. We're having real trouble getting rid of the sticky residue after removing the cannula. Any tips?

Reactions: genix

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Try zoff or sticky stuff remover from Lakeland. I have tried both on my skin with no adverse effects. Zoff from pharmacy

Reactions: Lisaspeake

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi There @Lisaspeake
welcome to the forum !! :)

I use cavilon barrier film spray before applying cannula and Zoff adhesive removal wipes to remove and I generally don't have any problems with adhesive residue !!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
A little baby oil will remove the residue, just make sure the next cannula isn't to close to the previous site otherwise it wont stick.

fozzie84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also recommend baby oil but I use the gel. I find if you put some on the site after removing the cannula and leave for a short time any residue comes off without irritating the skin.

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there, I am the mum of a 12 year old who was diagnosed with type 1 in November so we are still quite new to it all. This week he isn't having a trial with an insulin pump to see what he thinks of it. We're having real trouble getting rid of the sticky residue after removing the cannula. Any tips?

We use 'peel easy' spray from the pharmacy. It's really good but VERY expensive so it's a good job you don't have to use too much!