Type 2 Diahhorea

goo_goo

I had one blood test last year. Foot check once. Eye test no.
I am very confused if I'm honest of diet, nurse said low carb diet is dangerous and told me to do slimming world.

She laughed when I got upset on being diagnosed and basically told me t2 is self inflicted

Sorry your nurse was so harsh, very unprofessional. And does not know what she is talking about.
Have you looked at Michael Mosley's Blood Sugar Diet? He is a doctor, and explains all the science, but it is basically low carb , high fat. Its cheap on Amazon, and I think I saw it on offer in Tesco this week, 3£.75 or something. I am no expert, and am working up to doing the diet myself, but he goes through all the classic arguements and gives scientific/research based evidence.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Hi @flyingangel69 I had the same problem with metformin, both plain and the SR (slow release). I was told by diabetic nurse and the dietician it was my diet, I was allergic to certain foods and to keep a diary. I kept a diary for over 2 yrs and there was no pattern. Eventually following the DN advice I went on the LCHF and stopped all medication. I have not had diarrhoea since, in a whole year! I lost 2 stone in weight, no more leg cramp of a night (stopped simvastatin too), I look better. My hair has started to thicken again and my BS and cholesterol are under my control. I was lucky as my nurse told me about the LCHF diet and suggested I bought The 8 Week Sugar Diet book by Dr Michael Mosley (Amazon had it at £3 something, Tesco too). That gave me the kick start I needed.

Paul_hocking

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firstly Get a New Diabetic Nurse she sounds like a b**ch doesn't help self inflicted my **** I work in a job with long hours rubbish sleep and poor diet guess I was the poster boy just try and pick yourself up dust yourself off and give T2 a run for its money you are stronger than that and I think I can speak for all the forum members here or atleast 90% WE all got your back for the **** days..

Back to your issues when I first went on metformin I got diarrhoea really bad running to the loo with like loose bright yellow and I mean yellow we discussed moving on to something else but my choice and I mean my choice was to stick with it and hope it improved and it did until this week Ive been really good for months I don't low carb by the way and I don't do sliming world but I do count my calories and avoid a lot of simple carb and my toilet functions have been ok. But I just come back off holiday and I treated my self I dropped 6 kg in 6 months so I've had it all slice of toast with breakfast and chips with dinner and even a pizza not forgetting the large bags of crisp or the bags of M and Ms on the flight home and can I say I felt like **** running to the loo after dinner and really not feeling to great so yes metformin can be a pain if your newly diagnosied give it a chance to do its thing it could be your coming down from really High so as your body gets down to a sensible level it can cause hypo effects to as I was coming down from mid 20s at 9 I was shaking like a leaf and couldn't tell you what or wear I was now 9 is currently my norm and I get down to 6.4 is my good days still not great but my doc is great and keeps saying its a step in the right direction. So hold in there now food advice is very subjective so do what you feel is best for you if you have a fair amount of body fat then low carbing will help because your body finds it easier to metabolites fat to make energy than it does to use lean mass so it will help you loose weight and should help your body use its insulin better I have a friend who will swear by slimming world also has worked great for him to I follow a low simple carb option as Im a chef and I should promote a balanced diet that being said the things
I eat maybe less than once a week. Potato Products, White Bread Products, Dried Pasta and Diet Drinks I know their meant to be safe but
I eat maybe 1/2 days a week. Fresh Pasta, Rice and Skimed Milk Late got to have a treat
I eat lots of watermelon and apples and pineapple there all reasonable stable for me you need fruit there is a list somewhere with all the fruits per 100g there carb and sugar qty and watermelon is like really low on it.
Try to avoid drinking your calories can help also as high milk content might give you a dicky tummy
and I will portion them to know what I've eaten I like fish and chips so I work out to bring my BS right down to be able to eat it
I hope I haven't dragged this of topic but that was my experience and what I did to deal with it I can send you a copy of what a normal meal plan would be for me if it would help but I think it is just trial and error and remember we are all here for you for advice and support as one thing I do know from experience is you can be doing perfect and then it will just throw the spanner in my hardest thing to accept is when I'm not well I'm not well as it knocks me for 6 good luck