Gazhay

Re: Discrimination or just incompetence?

It certainly seems there is something strange here.

The first problem you will have is finding out if the company has decided against you based on prejudice or based on the medical advice. If it is the latter, then you have to find out if the medical advice was wrong or incompetent.

You should have the right to see all your medical documents, and you should be able to see any paperwork relating to you application for employment, results of interviews, etc. Getting them is another matter!

All I can see in this situation is a lot of lawyers making money. Sadly.

Snodger

Re: Discrimination or just incompetence?

This looks like blatant discrimination to me. Makes me very angry on your behalf - not that that helps I don't suppose!
I would plain and simple just ask them the question; put to them what you have written down on here and ask them to explain it, in person if you possibly can. Even if you decide not to go ahead with a legal battle you will at least have shown them that they can't get away entirely scot-free.
I have not had discrimination like this because of diabetes but I did once fight a battle over a job where I had been discriminated against because of gender (they asked in the interview if I would sign a contract promising not to get pregnant!!). I didn't get lawyers involved, but just logging everything that had happened and letting them know that their behaviour was illegal made a difference, both to my frame of mind/anger levels and to their attitude. I got offered the job in the end and refused to take it - very satisfying.
Good luck.