Type 2 Major league sleep issues

BubbaUSA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have Type 2 borderline Diabetes -- morning measurement runs 110-120 typically. I suffer from major sleep issues that ran in my maternal family amo g about 5 people that I know of. My mom, me, my youngest son, two maternal cousins (mother & daughter). This started with me in about 2002 when I was 52 years old, I am now 66. I have sleep apnea but had U3P throat surgery to open up my throat airway and I use a CPAP. I have been on 35-40 sleep medications without any relief.

Does anyone know if Saccarin (sugar replacement) can affect sleep?

Can anyone site any medical reports or studies tha address sleep and saccarin?

Thanks -- BubbaUSA

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Type 2 borderline Diabetes -- morning measurement runs 110-120 typically. I suffer from major sleep issues that ran in my maternal family amo g about 5 people that I know of. My mom, me, my youngest son, two maternal cousins (mother & daughter). This started with me in about 2002 when I was 52 years old, I am now 66. I have sleep apnea but had U3P throat surgery to open up my throat airway and I use a CPAP. I have been on 35-40 sleep medications without any relief.

Does anyone know if Saccarin (sugar replacement) can affect sleep?

Can anyone site any medical reports or studies tha address sleep and saccarin?

Thanks -- BubbaUSA

Hi Bubba - I find that whatever research says, if I wonder if x is impacting something, I find the best way to find out for myself is to have a period where I give that thing up. So, in this instance, I would decide to avoid saccharin for a months and see if I ended up sleeping better.

I would usually go for a minimum of a month, so that my body would have a chance to get any impacts out of my system. It's amazing how if something is causing us issues, we have a form of withdrawal when we decide to avoid it - coffee hangovers and the like.

Good luck with it all.