Stomach bug

whatashock

Good morning.

I seemed to have picked up some sort of stomach bug that I hav had since Sunday.

It is no different to ones that I have had in the past, it just seems to have gone on for longer than the usual 24/48 hours.

I know that diabetics suffer more from usual ailments, cuts/colds etc and was just wondering if this is usual.

This is the first time I have had this sort of big since diagnosis April last year.

Comments appreciated.

Dollyrocker

I think there atre a lot of bugs around at the moment, it could just be a viritlent strain!

If your blood sugars are on the high side that can delay recovery, are you testiong regularly?

It may be worth seeing/calling your doctor just so they can check it's nothing more serious than a tummy bug.

Get well soon

whatashock

Levels are lower as although I am eating (sort of), eating less.

Will leave it another couple of days before I call them.

Thanks

Alanem

Dislikes
Fish except from the chippy
Hi Whatashock
I picked up a bug in India which stayed with me on and off for 6 months and my BG went all over the place and I felt really rough. It wasn't helped by my GP (and a second opinion) insisting I stuck with my meds even though I wasn't eating. Their reasoning was I think that the pills were passing through very quickly and would not be having much effect. I found the opposite and was hypoing a lot of the time but didn't know it. I just put it down to the bug. After I had recovered a diabetic nurse gave me a rocket and told me that I should have known better and stopped taking everything. So if you do visit your doctor use a bit of your own judgement with the advice they give. Get well soon

Alan