non intrusive blood testing

hismom

HI,
I have read about a non intrusive way of blood glucose testing but cant find the meters in the uk. Does anyone know where I can get one and if they indeed work?

alaska

I live in hope that the news story here could be the answer:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2010...s-could-mean-end-of-blood-tests-96985443.html

It's easy to get carried away with a story like this:

Think how good our levels would be if we could test, pain and test strip fee, 20+ times a day...
Think how much we'd learn about how quickly sugar is absorbed...
No more worrying about whether the GP is going to complain about using too many test strips...
No more worrying about whether the skin on our fingers is starting to get too tough to be pricked...

I know we've seen advances like this mentioned many times before but I do hold out hope that soon a huge wave of enthusiasm will be enough of a push to get something like this brought into reality...

...and brought into a fair and affordable reality.

Sorry to go off on one. I really hope this research has the legs to help many people.

iantib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd love if it were true, although I then think that as all these companies are charging the NHS £30 per box of test strips & loads of money for the lancets, then its not going to happen because whats in it for them? It would be like shooting the golden goose :lol:

gateian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've always admired how amazing it would be to have a none obtrusive way of monitoring my blood sugar levels.

A device that could sit on your wrist and show you your real-time level is the dream. I know these are available, but from what I have read they are expensive and not very accurate.

If a device like this was available in the future, we could learn so much about what affects our blood sugars. It could even alert us when something abnormal is happening to our sugar levels.

It's an amazing dream and hopefully one day it will be a reality. Once upon a time, the idea of a simple blood sugar monitoring device was a pipe dream.