Hello

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi jaykkay I have the same problem. I sometimes have my bol sauce on cauli and brocolli and I make lasagne with the same sauce I use celairiac cut into thin slices instead of the lasagne strips and layering with a rich cheese sauce.But a bacon butty without bread is not quite the same :?
CAROL

Meggy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Jaykay
I've had cauliflower and broccoli with bolognese for quite some time because I'm not too fond of pasta, and I prefer it, but then, I'm odd, lol. I ate it like that pre diabetic too.

Carty
There's a New Zealand site that gefmayhem mentioned, and I've tried their low carb bread and it's not quite the same as normal bread, but it is very nice, and makes a good bacon butty. I love bread and have found that if I have too much it sends the bg up, even low carb, but it's good for a treat.

Gefmayem
I made that loaf and this time it rose better, but only on one side, lol. I think it's because I doubled the ingredients because it's a bit small. That will teach me!
The oatcakes I was thinking of are made with half flour and half oatmeal. I don't think they'll do me any good these days, but I might make some and try one and see. As I said, they look like pancakes, but they are made with yeast batter, so they are nothing like them really.
I can see how ginger would be rather a suprise if you thought you had cheese, lol. I think I might try those Nairns oatcakes, as a lot of people on here say they are good.

Meggy

Murphybear

Curries - yum

I also love curries but most of our Indian restaurants are small and don't offer buffets. I make my own now but do miss the rice and home made chapattis. I have noticed however that poppadums are about 5 carbs each so have one of those now which really helps

This is making me hungry so off for my bacon breakfast

Murphybear (named after v large and furry black cat)
:p :lol: :roll: