Be careful white bread

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try the Lidl protein rolls, if you slice them into halves and then pop the halves into the toaster to warm them up, they taste just as good as bread but they don't raise people's bloodsugar. I often don't even have to take insulin to cover those.

These are the rolls I use.
daaf8df7a302926e60e5db4c4f24e735.jpg

Two halves with cheese. 50seconds (each) in microwave at 700watts made a nice moist breakfast with mug of coffee; Mmol// 5.9 before to 6.6 two hrs later.

Reactions: Dinet

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
These are the rolls I use.
daaf8df7a302926e60e5db4c4f24e735.jpg

Two halves with cheese. 50seconds (each) in microwave at 700watts made a nice moist breakfast with mug of coffee; Mmol// 5.9 before to 6.6 two hrs later.
Looks great but I do not know if they are available here

Bigbassett_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
White bread is a nightmare for me also. As is white wraps. However wholemeal bread is fine.

Reactions: TIANDB

KimWheeler

I can't eat bagels. They are even worse than bread for me. I find it best to avoid all forms of wheat. Those protein rolls are ok though.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Awesome, thanks.
I find them too big for our toaster so lightly toast one side in the halogen with or without butter then add mashed up sardines or similar. Check what sauce the tinned fish is in for sugars.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
The breakfast was 380 grams of pastry. I think the blood sugar was reasonable 115mg/dl before meal. 143mg/dl after meal

Reactions: Dinet