Type 1 Strange abdominal pains... please help!

Rianna0210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So October last year I started to get a lot of sharp stabbing pain in my left abdominal region and it would travel to my back. It was very painful where I had to have time off work. So I went to the doctors and I had a UTI and potential kidney stones. I’ve had blood tests and urine tests which all came back clear. I was put on antibiotics and told to wait to let the stones come out on their own. The pain was so bad I called 111 and got an appointment at the hospital where they did an ultrasound and it was clear. They couldn’t find what was wrong but I was still getting the pain. I went back to the doctors who referred me for a CT scan and that came back clear also. I have been back to the doctors and I have been told it is muscular pain! Which I know is not right, I have had this horrible sharp stabbing pain for over 3 months now! The pain has begun to travel to the right side of my abdomen but is mainly on the left. My blood sugars have been a little high but I believe that is down to stress of this situation... I just want to be diagnosed with something! It also tends to flare up rather than a constant pain. I’m wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms and has had a diagnosis...... thank you!!

Reactions: Freema

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @Rianna0210
I have not had the exact sort of pain you describe , but 3 different people i know ( including myself )
have experienced sharp pains that started on the left and migrated to the right

My mother this persisted for a couple of years on and off
with me it started on the left one day and by the next had migrated to the right
with my wife she had upper left stomach pain for a few days solid -- and on the 4th day it quickly migrated centrally and then to the right

the pain caused us all to double up in to a foetal position to ease the discomfort.

( diagnosis in all 3 -- appendix )
all were removed
have you experienced any throwing up at all ( bile not food ?? )

Rianna0210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi there @Rianna0210
I have not had the exact sort of pain you describe , but 3 different people i know ( including myself )
have experienced sharp pains that started on the left and migrated to the right

My mother this persisted for a couple of years on and off
with me it started on the left one day and by the next had migrated to the right
with my wife she had upper left stomach pain for a few days solid -- and on the 4th day it quickly migrated centrally and then to the right

the pain caused us all to double up in to a foetal position to ease the discomfort.

( diagnosis in all 3 -- appendix )
all were removed
have you experienced any throwing up at all ( bile not food ?? )

Oh wow, I’m sorry that you have all experienced this pain!
No throwing up as of yet, I have felt sick quite a lot but I believe that could be due to high blood sugars!

Rianna0210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No throwing up as of yet, I have felt sick quite a lot but I believe that could be due to high blood sugars!

I’ve never really thought of it being my appendix, I will google the symptoms and write it on my list to talk to the doctor about

Reactions: Freema and himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
what sort of high blood sugars are you getting ?
higher than 8 ?
higher than 12 ?
higher than 20 ?

I ask because i am hoping you have done a DAFNE course and know how to correct highs ??

hope you get the BG's sorted quickly.
and hope your stomach pain gets sorted / dagnosed soon too

do keep posting !!

x

Rianna0210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
what sort of high blood sugars are you getting ?
higher than 8 ?
higher than 12 ?
higher than 20 ?

I ask because i am hoping you have done a DAFNE course and know how to correct highs ??

hope you get the BG's sorted quickly.
and hope your stomach pain gets sorted / dagnosed soon too

do keep posting !!

x

It ranges really! Starts off from about 5-7 in the morning and gradually creeps up! I had my consultant appointment today and we are changing my ratios and I’m doing a food diary to bring it down. She said it could be from that! Thank you for your help

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
no worries -- glad you saw consultant today and are looking at ratios !!!!!!!!