Living Abroad

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Well, this will be a big descision :)

I've nevr lived in Germany, but i have lived in Switzerland and America for long periods, i lived on my own from 17 until i was 21.
I've rarely had night hypo's, and i've always woken up. I keep a monitor and small can of coke by my bed at all times.
The body does have a mechanism for waking you from a hypo, but this can be damaged when you have low hypo awareness. Your body can deal with hypo's on it's own, it releases a large amount of glucose from your liver. You don't need anyone watching over you.

I had no problems with my medicaitions. I took a large stash at the start, and then got in contact with the local doctor, and got it sorted through my employer. No issues at all.
The Germans have the longest system of universal health care, so the best way to learn about that is to contact the embassy, along with everything else you'll need, work visa's etc.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you want, i suggest you go for it. Travel is the best experience anyone can have, living in a different country and culture is wonderful.