Benefits of type 1 (positive little story)

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First, I got up.
Then I went downtown. To look for a job.
Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.
(whose classic comedy routine is that from? I'll show your age lol)
Cheech and Chong. Sister Mary Elephant's classroom, substitute teacher I think.

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking on the bright side is easy. Just look for a situation that would be far worse and compare and contrast. For example, imagine having type 1 in the 1800’s or having type 1 in some part of the world where access to medicine and food is difficult. It’s called counting your blessings...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A local stray cat who was abandoned when her owner moved away snuck in during the night to have her kitten under my sewing table... she left the house as soon as she saw us because she’s really skittish. Luckily our vet said they’d take it, hand rear it along with a pair who were brought in yesterday and find it a home.

Next job is to befriend the mother so we can catch her and get her spayed to hopefully stop it happening again, It’s the second time this has happened in a year...

So I had a morning of lovely cuddles with a tiny, squeaky kitten while I made the necessary phone calls :cat:

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes that’s right, Sunbeam
This is something I haven't heard for years now. Took me back to the 1970's:):):) not sure why though.
People being referred to as "Sunbeam" it's a classic.
This was a great thread to start.
Getting hijacked is a shame, but is to be expected with the poster in question.
It's worth remembering that this poster struggles to actually start a thread or partake in diabetes conversation but dwells in dragging posts down and being offensive to people.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else had any positive things happen today? Doesn’t have to be diabetes related. Let’s share some positivity!

Hi @mountaintom ,

Comming home to my dog at the end of the day counts. (& in no particular preferential order.) my wife getting home too!
(Wife starts later than me, hence the offset return home encounters.) ;)

Fatima_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
After graduating and feeling hopeless about finding a full time job that is suited to me for quite awhile now (although truthfully I had been applying in a lazy 'now and again' way!) I got a phone call from a good company and for an exciting/suitable position. The phone interview went extremely well and they invited me for a face to face interview next week. I feel like I've got a spring in my step now. Wish me luck!

To top things off, I spontaneously met up with an old school friend who I hadn't seen in two years. She even came to my house afterwards, it was lovely and nostalgic.

Last of all, my mother who is a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic had a reading of 5.9 (her lowest reading so far- over 3 months). She has also lost over a stone in 2 months thanks to our collective efforts in my household. She has bipolar too so this was very much difficult for us but we've been successful so far.

After many days of feeling glum, all in all, today was a fantastic day!