Help understanding post lunch blood sugar

Iowaboy

Hi all - I am a type 1.5 in the prediabetic stage. Fasting blood glucose is currently 85-90. BS controlled with diet/exercise only. I eat about 60-75 carbs a day. I acquired a Freestyle Libre several months ago and it has been really helpful learning what I can eat. My goal is peak of 120-130 at 1 hour, and under 100 or so by the 2 hour mark. The post lunch readings have been hard to explain.
I eat the same thing pretty much every day for lunch which is:
1 serving snap peas with hummus
Whole wheat wrap with avocado, lettuce, and chicken breast
Chia seeds with greek yogurt, flax seeds, and pumpkin seeds

By my calculation I am eating about 25 net carbs and a whole lot of fiber.
The peak at 1 hour is pretty close to 115 or max 120 every day, which seems reasonable.
BS than comes down to about 100 by 2 hour mark.
It then bumps up to about 105-110 at 2.5 hours and then there is a very slow linear descent over the next 3 hours.
It can take up to 5-6 hours to get back close to fasting levels.

My questions:
1) Is the second bump I am seeing due to the failure of the first insulin response with the second insulin response eventually kicking in?
2) Is the reason the levels are declining so slowly back to normal due to my impaired response, the large about of fiber slowing absorption, or some combination of both? It seems like other meals get back to normal more quickly for a similar amount of carbs.

Should I not worry about it and move on? Or should I consider adjusting what I eat? I have tried mixing up the order I eat things, and even delaying part of the lunch for 45 minutes to separate when I am eating each one, but doesn't seem to make a difference.

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe try a different lunch and see what happens??