Pcos

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeh possibly. I got diagnosed with PCOS the same day as diabetes. The thing is I have never had irregular periods, although I had weight gain, very heavy and lengthy periods, along with cysts on my ovaries. I've not had much problems with hair growth... just the odd weird long strand of hair showing up in strange places that I pluck out. I also have an awful lot of skin tags on my body which I read is also a PCOS symptom. I even have them inside me... it's on my reports for the scopes I've had done. I was diagnosed by an endocrinologist and told it was a hormonal condition and that it triggered my diabetes and metabolic syndrome. They asked lots of questions about my periods, etc... and said I would've had PCOS since puberty which would put me at high risk of diabetes.... clearly I found that out too late. I have tried the low carb before but didn't notice any improvement to PCOS. I'm on the bc pill to stop cysts and so have control on periods. PCOS affects ladies differently as I have friends with it who have no weight issues, and have been able to have children.