not diabetic but constant high readings

mickyhamps

hi, i'm new here.

i'm not diabetic (i hope) but i got a meter today, i've done 3 readings today first one at 12 o'clock reading was 6.1 then another at 3pm reading was 7.4 and the reading i've just done now was 6.7.

i didn't have anything to eat before the first 2 readings and only a ham sandwich at 4pm

i'm now wondering if i should go and see the doctor about this. any advice?

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're worried, go see your GP, before the government kills off the NHS.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Are these high readings? I'm not diabetic either and could have varying readings between 4 and 8 depending on the time of day or when I ate. If you bought the meter because you have another health concern go and see your GP.

mickyhamps

i have the meter cause i pretty much just got interested in seeing what my glucose levels are. i'm going to keep checking and make a graph over 2 weeks

stabatha

What makes you think these readings are high ? I would love all my readings to be like that but they can range from hypo (under 4.0) to over 33.0 on rare occasions :( normal readings are between approx 4.0 and 8.0 but the occasional one outside these can be normal too. If you are that worried go and see your GP but I really do hope you don't get it as believe me as a type 1 it's no fun injecting 4 times a day every day and testing all the time for the rest of your life , can't be much fun for type 2s either having to do all that comes with being diabetic ...I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy. What made you buy the meter ? do you have other symtoms ? I'm figuring you must have to go to these lengths to monitor yourself.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
See http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care ... anges.html

The relevent section for a non-diabetic is
"Normal blood sugar ranges
For the majority of healthy individuals, normal blood sugar levels are as follows:

The normal blood glucose level in humans is about 4 mM (4 mmol/L or 72 mg/dL)
The body, when operating normally, restores the blood sugar level to a range of about 4.4 to 6.1 mmol/L (82 to 110 mg/dL).
Shortly after eating the blood glucose level may rise temporarily up to 7.8 mmol/L (140 mg/dL) or a bit more in non-diabetics. "

So, the levels you mention are all within normal linits.