Foot care Socks

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I walk miles every week and have awkward feet. My second toe on each foot is nearly a centimetre longer than the big toe and suffers from pulling up by normal socks. If this happens, The nail beds bruise and the nail drops off eventually. I'm without the right one at the moment. I'm also prone to ingrowing toenails. I have discovered the ONLY socks that I can wear intotal comfort are ones with separate toes. They prevent my foot sliding forward in my walking boots ( which I'm having trouble with due to a chipped ankle bone). You simply wouldn'r believe how difficult it is to be comfortable in anything other than soft leather mules or sandals. I have NO neuropathy and my circulation in my feet is perfect. I just have difficult feet. If anyone has anyother suggestions, I'll be delighted to try them. I can say that neither ECCO nor HOTTER shoes fit me. My feet are a very wide size 39

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sounds like you have inherited Viking feet ,Hanadr! Those Vikings have a lot to answer for!The only suggestion I have is,have you tried wearing two pairs of socks with your boots? This was a tip from my ATC days when we used to trek for miles and miles.The two pairs stop your feet from moving round in your boot and cushion for blisters etc.

Nellie

I know a lot of runners swear by these for preventing blisters on long runs
The 1000 Mile sock is a sock within a sock. The inner layer stays with the foot, the outer layer moves with the shoe thus eliminating friction on the skin and reducing wear
They seem to have different types for different activities. I don't know if they'd help with your problem.
http://www.1000mile.co.uk/1000milesocks.htm

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thanks guys, but one of my many foot difficulties is that i can't put a second pair ofsocks over my first without pulling up on my long toes. I have a friend to walk with who cheerfully pulls on 3 pairs. Her big toea are long enough and strong enough to prevent squashing.
And I love the suggestion of Viking feet, but since my ancestry is from 35 kilometres NNE of Prague, I doubt if I have any Viking blood.

ChocFish

LOL @ Sue!

Hana give the 1000 mile sock some consideration, it is only one sock to pull on and not two, I have got some and they are excellent, I also have some really extra soft socks made from merino wool, I got these from NZ, I think the kiwifruits shop in London sell them too, not sure.
You could ask a podiatrist for advice maybe?

Hope you find some solution to this problem

Karen

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hanadr,I forgot about this lot,I buy stuff for my husband from them.I'm sure they do different kinds of socks.

Cosyfeet.com