Bg's and Football

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All

YAY JAMES, YAY ME

Saturday football day woke with a reading of 3.5(a bit low I know) but can't believe how low as it is always in the teens :D

Treated hypo with just a few sugar coated frosties. Had breakfast and off WE go ( up at the local park so I went to watch this time as the excitement of a good BG and weather soo good). Went on pitch 15 minutes into the game, had a sip of lucozade, not so slugish on the pitch this time, played 2 thirds of match. Did not win but hey ho.
Came home did BG of 5.3 :D
Had shower BG now 2.5 :(
Had lunch and insulin straight after.
BG 15.25pm - 3.3 Treated hypo.
BG at 16.55p.m. 2.9 treated hypo, had tea and insulin straight after.
20.57p.m. 4.3.
Usual supper tested again at 22.54 before Lantus was 3.5.
Had some lucozade and Pringles, did 15 Lantus and off to bed.

Got up this morning at 9.48 BG 3.8
13.10 - 4.3 had lunch
16.05 - 2.9 treated hypo
17.32 - 8.5 had tea
Waiting to see what happens before supper.

All in all I think the weekend insulin needs to be calculated slighly less that during the week or maybe this is a one off.

Whilst writing I have read over the Aviva Expert Manual and wow it is an all singing and all dancing gizmo and hopefully I can get to grips with it.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're getting there slowly, I can see you're heading in the right direction :D From what I remember of your previous posts James seems to have a drop in blood sugars after his sport. Maybe he needs to have a carby snack without any insulin before he has his shower just to see him through. But overall those readings are looking better, well done :)

jonesy

when my son plays football, or any sport, we only give him 75% of his bolus amount for the meals before and after. this seems to work well for us.
the other thing we do is a bit different as he has a pump. we drop his basal rate down to 70% for 3 or 4 hours.

jonesy