Freestyle Libre

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys,

my freestyle libre sensor has 2 days left and it’s started to act a bit off. my blood sugar levels that are reading on my normal blood monitor are way way off from what my libre says. it’s about 5 mmol apart which is not good at all! It’s been like it all day so i have put a new sensor on as i only have 2 days left anyway, but do i need to wait the full 24 hours until it calibrates? i’m thinking of leaving it maybe 12 hours or so ?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hey guys,

my freestyle libre sensor has 2 days left and it’s started to act a bit off. my blood sugar levels that are reading on my normal blood monitor are way way off from what my libre says. it’s about 5 mmol apart which is not good at all! It’s been like it all day so i have put a new sensor on as i only have 2 days left anyway, but do i need to wait the full 24 hours until it calibrates? i’m thinking of leaving it maybe 12 hours or so ?
The Libre is factory calibrated. you are in USA? For some reason you have to wait 24 hours, while us Europeans only have to wait an hour and ours last 14 days and not 10. Why that is is a mystery
I get VERY accurate results from first insertion. Only had 1 since January that has been out compared to finger pricks. That was my last one and was only on the last 2 days. Could always call it in to Abbots, they may replace it. Sorry I didn't come back earlier on this thread