lie ins

martina

Hi everyone,hope you all enjoying the holidays.I was just wondering about what would happen if my daughter wanted to have a lie in.At the minute she is up for her first injection at 8am,however during the holidays she is outside playing alot and is therefore very tired when it comes to getting up and I feel bad for having to make her.I would be interested to hear other views on this topic.Do other children lie in and if so generally how long is it safe to do so without creating a problem?Thanks I always find the advice really helpful.xx

sophsmam

I let my daughter have a lie in i always check her at 7 its the time she'd be up if it was school.and if she's high i'll give her a correction dose.And if she's in normal range she may either go up by 1 or 2 or go down.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We're on a pump now so no problem with lie-ins. In injection days Jess would have Levemir in the morning and evening, it was important to keep her morning Levemir injection at the same time each day which was 7.30am. So even on lie-in days I still needed to get up and do that injection for her on time and also check on BG reading and do a correction if necessary. Jess would continue to lie-in after that was all done and then we'd have breakfast later on.