Dexcom G6 calibration issues

Nomi

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had experienced any issues with the dexcom G6 giving them inaccurate readings?

I’ve upgraded from the G5, but am having tonnes of issues. I put a G6 sensor in on Friday and it was immediately wrong by 5 points. So I calibrated it (3times with 15 min breaks). Still wouldn’t match. Constantly telling me I’m dropping even right after food. Calibrated it again and it was ok for a bit then went wonky again. I spoke to the tech support and they said they’ll send me another sensor, and in the meantime to put in a new sensor.

So I put in a new sensor yesterday morning. I bled a lot but left it in. It immediately said there was an error and to wait three hours. It then settled giving a reading of 8, curious as again having eaten a bit earlier I was surprised and my fingerstick said 16 (my cannula had also given up on me)

Then I spent the best part of three hours calibrating the cgm with a fingerstick every 15 mins as the app requested. It just kept rejecting my readings.
Finally late evening it managed to sort itself out and was following my fingersticks.
Then this morning it woke me up repeatedly telling me I’m hypo. Except I was at 6.5 and had been steady for a while.

I don’t know what to do now. I’m pretty annoyed that I’m having to spend so much time faffing with it trying to get it to work. I never had any of these issues with the G5, and the G6 is supposed to be better and easier to use.

Has anyone had similar experiences? How did you resolve it?

I’m using my stomach, should I be using it somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Nomi

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The G6 has worked very well for me, though I find it does take 24 to 36 hours to settle down. My current one was very noisy during that period but settled eventually. I calibrate after it has calmed down. It's now been in 15 days & I did a second calibration yesterday. I've only used my stomach so far - 4 sensors.
Perhaps you've had a bad batch?

Nomi

The G6 has worked very well for me, though I find it does take 24 to 36 hours to settle down. My current one was very noisy during that period but settled eventually. I calibrate after it has calmed down. It's now been in 15 days & I did a second calibration yesterday. I've only used my stomach so far - 4 sensors.
Perhaps you've had a bad batch?

Ok thanks for your reply. I’ll persist with it and see how it goes. Hopefully it will settle down soon!

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Wife has found the G6 to be alot more accurate than the G5. Near perfect in a curacy to be honest and Straight from sensor insertion. She wears it on her arm and has been using it fir about four months

Reactions: Nomi