Apple Cider Vinegar (sorting the taste)

tubamanandy

Yes, I used raw apple vinegar which contains the mother (Braggs brand) and tested with my meter. It made no difference for me at all. I was already eating low carb when I tried it for a week.

As has been said earlier, I think the fact you were already LCHF has made the difference

Daisy_Daisy

Squeezed 1/2 Lemon, plus carbonated water, 3 drops of Fenugreek drops.. with ice. Or hot water..after meals. Use a straw as the acid can destroy the enamel on your teeth..

Daisy_Daisy

The acidity helps balance the bodies need for it and the PH levels, ties in with so many minerals and actions in the body..
I suffer Gout Uric Acid levels, waste from Protein, which is horrendously painful if the acid builds and is dumped in the joints, Ive been so bad i cant walk.. Nothing to do with what I eat particularly Proteins..however I have 1st stage Kidney issues so this is my stressor.. raised BP since I was 30.. I knew Diabetes was on its way. I have Conditions of Diabetes in my Family, Brother T2, Mother T2, cousin Type 1 & myself Type 2 newly diagnosed this Year.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Don’t know if this is any use but... I’m type one, but as I meticulously count every carb I eat and know exactly (to 0.05u) of insulin I’m taking per gram, plus I use CGM so souls spot anything a home blood test would miss, I’m in a pretty good position to judge the effects of ACV on my body. Obviously n=1 - I tried different amounts for a week at a time to gauge their effect, by drinking some in a pint of water every morning. There was absolutely no difference up to about 1/4 pint of the stuff. Although some amusing faces were pulled!

I do still add about a tablespoon with half a teaspoon of lo-salt to my morning pint, as I quite like the taste of that concentration. But it didn’t do anything for my insulin requirements, slow down carbs, or anything diabetically related.