Adjusting insulin based on your FSL reading and trend arrow

D

Deleted Account

Thanks to this.
After using the Libre for a while, I have decided to ignore the arrow and look at the graphs instead. In my experience, the arrow shows the difference between the last two readings. If the readings arevwiggling around a little (which they usually do), the arrow may not match the trend of the line.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thanks to this.
After using the Libre for a while, I have decided to ignore the arrow and look at the graphs instead. In my experience, the arrow shows the difference between the last two readings. If the readings arevwiggling around a little (which they usually do), the arrow may not match the trend of the line.
The good old line of best fit !!

Reactions: Jollymon

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
The good old line of best fit !!

But only if the sensor proves itself trustworthy.

I’ve had some dead flat lines from cgm before that lasted hours that didn’t represent anything. Not worthy of trust.

Reactions: kitedoc

Chickenboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think this paper is really good for people new to Libre however is still quite simplistic in nature. DsNs in my area are starting to give people this kind of advice now rather than the static 'only correct at meal times' which is good to see. That said really this is a basic form of sugar surfing and I think to really make the most of the libre then sugar surfing should be adopted fully once people have had a chance to get used to the Libre. This dropped my a1c from 8.0 down to 6.4 and was a real revelation for me!