Should I just go? Sparkles.

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Hey Sparkles - if you stay, I'll stay. Been suffering the same problems as you and I agree that the site hasn't been well moderated, but hopefully Benedict is sorting that out. I've been having panic attacks over reading comments on here - my hubby isn't happy - but I agree that most people are okay.

Cheers
Ailz

josie38

Hi sparkles,

If you stay you will find that most people are willing to give you support and will give you genuine examples of experiences. They will also try to answer your questions as honestly as they can.

We are trying to make this forum one where diabetics do get support and advice :) :) :) :)

Josie

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
josie38 said:
We are trying to make this forum one where diabetics do get support and advice :) :) :) :)
Josie

Isn't that what's been happening till now, especially in the last two years after some trouble makers were banned?

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Can we all stay? ANd just be polite to each other?

ShyGirl said:
I use this site for help but to be honest , each time i've a new problem no-one seems to have experienced it so it makes me feel even worse and probably a good reason to leave.

That gives even more reason for you to stay! I'm sorry I'm not knowledgeable enough to help but as you progress and learn how to cope with your problems, you then become the experienced "expert" to help others who will later experience the same problems you're having now.

ailz said:
I've been having panic attacks over reading comments on here - my hubby isn't happy - but I agree that most people are okay.

Bad news to hear anyone having panic attacks but please remember these people don't know you, some people are "keyboard warriors" it's easy to type words and make them sound intimidating but you have a hubby that cares, doesn't want to see you upset so no harm will come to you. I sometimes pity the type of person who seems to be trying to build themselves an internet empire, it's usually because they have nothing else in the real world.

Anyway thanks to all who post I've learnt lots, I know my own limits as to how disciplined I am with diets so I'll listen but ultimately do things my way. As for getting to know everybody I start noticing my favourite posters quickly!

sparkles

Just a little note to say…

Thanks to all the people who have PM’d me. I’m a bit insecure about things at the moment so don’t be surprised not to get a message in return but please also don’t feel dejected. It’s just where I’m at. I am pleased to have received all of them, will keep them and may one day feel able to reply to each.

I’m going to read through all the posts here now and shall think about how to respond. Thank you all for helping me in my dilemma.
Sparkles.

sparkles

wanted to respond with a post but so many ideas etc came to me while trying to compose an answer I opted to answer those who took the time to address my post by private message. I hope this is ok and I havent broken any rules. please correct me if I have. I will also be posting a response here soon for anyone just reading but not posting but I'm still composing it and have to go to town now.

sparkles.
ps short of time in a rush... but Ebony if you are reading this please (Saw your recent thread)see if you can get help with the spots. I know how uncomfortable and worrying it can be and if someone can put your mind at rest that will be helpful to you.