Anyone been on Trulicity 6 months or more?

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I’m interested to know how you’ve got on. What has happened to side effects.... appetite.... and weight?

Has anyone come off it.... and been able to maintain a lower weight without it? What has happened to your BG.

bengaltiger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been on Trulicity since Feb 2018. I am of Indian origin, an American living in Italy since 2014. The first 6 months were filled with nausea, back itching, yeast infections, body aches, constipation & blurry eyesight. I also took 22 units of Lantus Solostar Insulin with it. Now a year later I have almost negligible side effects. Sometimes nausea and some itchiness. It comes as fast as it goes. However blurry eyesight has been the bane of my life! Mind you I have always had terrible eyesight and I will always remember what my American doc told me when I first got sick, "Everything bad you have had will get magnified" and it did! The body aches too. I did gain 5kgs after getting off Metformin but lost 2kgs in the last 6 months and been more or less stable for the year. My appetite is about the same as before Trulicity. So for all intents and purposes no major changes in weight and appetite. BG is extremely good for me, usually around 135. I am, and have always been a very disciplined eater, it's probably more cultural than anything else! I can't understand the "yeast infections" though! I am sure they are not really yeast infections as they come and go with frequency and not connected to BG (!) but my Italian gyne prescribed Travocort which has been a life saver! Also no more constipation either! The side effects greatly reduced after the first 6 months but those first 6 months were a killer!