Reduced waist question.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Wondering just how much reducing fat actually reduces your waist.
I know that's where our body dumps a lot of fat. But I was thinking. All the plumbing that now gets so much less volume. The stomach etc. Do they shrink. Does the liver physically shrink.

I ask because my weight has been around 75 to 80kg since Christmas but my waist carried on reducing at a pretty standard rate.

I'm doing some gym work now as the tum area that is now flat is a bit... Squidgy.. Needs a bit of trimming up.

M

Member496333

My weight went up as I reversed my diabetes but my waist got smaller. Ketosis increased my lean mass, mainly chest and shoulders. I now have a similar “soft centre” which is taking time to firm up, even though my stomach is flat and I can feel abs in there when I tense my core. I’m guessing a reduction in intraorganic fat leaves things a bit “looser” inside. And most certainly the liver will shrink if it was previously engorged with fat, which it likely was.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost a fair bit of weight and went from 36's to 30's, it was lard and muscle. It is only now the muscle is returning slowly, not thrashing the gym, just small weights, swimming and walking. The last of the lard is still round my tum, though not much and fair amount of loose skin. :( but it's a small price to pay:). I would hope the liver is in better shape but unless I get a scan of it, will just have to hope...:happy:

D

Deleted Account

This may vary on gender and starting size/shape.
I have always been slim with, I guess, what is best described as an hourglass figure (slim waist and hips).
In the last few months, I have been doing more exercise ... not for weight loss.
Surprisingly my hips have been getting bonier and my waist is less pronounced although a tape measure tells me it is unchanged,

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was always a bit up and down, with no real waist, and not much backside either, but I did have a bosom. When I trimmed up, I did so all over, although my backside pretty well disappeared and my upper lady bumps definitely got smaller.

After I managed to stabilise my weight, my body continued to reshuffle the resources, so to speak. I still lack a backside, still can't boast any kind of heaving bosom (in my dreams), but do have a slim waist. The impact of the waist shift was to drop me a size in jeans.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I over about a year or so lost 8.5 stone my waist went from 44 down to 30 since then I have put some weight back on am now back up to 11 stone and waist is now 32 I am not too unhappy to stay about where I am now.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I over about a year or so lost 8.5 stone my waist went from 44 down to 30 since then I have put some weight back on am now back up to 11 stone and waist is now 32 I am not too unhappy to stay about where I am now.

nice work JEG, looks good to me.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Its hard to tell without a DEXA scan which are normally about £120. You can sometimes get good deals on Wowcher for these.

I did see a documentary where they described a type 2 diabetic as being “fat skinny” where they looked thin but carried their weight in visceral fat around the liver etc.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I lost a fair bit of weight and went from 36's to 30's, it was lard and muscle. It is only now the muscle is returning slowly, not thrashing the gym, just small weights, swimming and walking. The last of the lard is still round my tum, though not much and fair amount of loose skin. :( but it's a small price to pay:). I would hope the liver is in better shape but unless I get a scan of it, will just have to hope...:happy:

Not gym thrashing for me either. The daughter is a paid up member so I can go as her guest.
Sauna, use a few of the ab machines set low that kind of thing.
Have the same little bit of blubber left just down the centre line of my ab area. The wife says my **** is now "tiny and cute as a button" which I'm still not sure is positive.

Reactions: hankjam

jellbell

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has greatly reduced their waist circumference and how they did it. I'm not interested in recommendations from books or 'experts' but rather, I really want to know how actual people have done it...because the theoretical solutions haven't worked for me.
I've always had a disproportionately large waist whether I am normal weight or overweight. Were you that way, and then you were able to lose inches? How did you do it?
I know fasting; lower carbs; exercise are supposed to help, but they only gave me partial short term reductions, then I stall and gain again.
If you can relate to this and you found a long term solution please let me know. Was there a regimen or supplement that helped you get big results? I know how to lose weight, as there are thousands of stories of young people losing weight and how they did it. I want to know specifically about those who already had a large waist circumference, but relatively normal fat distribution everywhere else, and how they were able to reduce it.
If you've seen useful threads or posts regarding this also let me know.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd really like to hear from anyone who has greatly reduced their waist circumference and how they did it. I'm not interested in recommendations from books or 'experts' but rather, I really want to know how actual people have done it...because the theoretical solutions haven't worked for me.
I've always had a disproportionately large waist whether I am normal weight or overweight. Were you that way, and then you were able to lose inches? How did you do it?
I know fasting; lower carbs; exercise are supposed to help, but they only gave me partial short term reductions, then I stall and gain again.
If you can relate to this and you found a long term solution please let me know. Was there a regimen or supplement that helped you get big results? I know how to lose weight, as there are thousands of stories of young people losing weight and how they did it. I want to know specifically about those who already had a large waist circumference, but relatively normal fat distribution everywhere else, and how they were able to reduce it.
44inches to current 34 aiming for one day 32..Losing weight is relatively easy.. maintaining the loss is key.
Ultra low carb/keto, intermittent fasting (along with a few extended fasts) have got me here.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Jellbell, you're tagged this onto the end of a mature thread that ground to a halt, activity wise a couple of months ago. In my experience, those threads don't then get so many new responses.

Bearing in mind your question differes florm the original posed in this thread, I would suggest you start a new thread of your own. I'd hate you to feel ignored.

Jellbell, if you would like a new thread, I, or any of the mods can help by moving your question and any responses you receive, if you let us know?