Low Carb Program

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew! That's a relief.

Why the change I wonder? Maybe going to go more hi-tech?
Probably because It costs both time and money to provide such a service, and unfortunately not everyone's able to dedicate free time especially if it's a high quality and professionally staffed offering rather than "hobbyist". And as membership's increased so will have the costs of increased resources (web servers and software) as well as relevant expertise.

Sorry about the "essay"!

Robbity

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Probably because It costs both time and money to provide such a service, and unfortunately not everyone's able to dedicate free time especially if it's a high quality and professionally staffed offering rather than "hobbyist". And as membership's increased so will have the costs of increased resources (web servers and software) as well as relevant expertise.

Sorry about the "essay"!

Robbity
It may show some that it's all not just a 'fad' too.
I hate it being referred to as a faddy diet. Mind you normally not by those who are of most to benefit.... I'm finding.
Roux en y op repulse sugary foods which is fine by me as I'm not a sweet person. I've always preferred mackerel or seafood to nibble on. However my op will help me with hunger from small meals. Low carb with overeating for my partial sedate needs was the reason I believed I never lost weight. Once I stopped nuts, cheese and excess calories.... I lost 3.5st. Once I ate Halloween jellies my ketosis was broken and with metformin starting IBS I regained weight or most of it. I'm down to same weight now due to low calorie eating (800cals). Sugary milkshakes and sugary IBS tablets counteracted with insulin. Even too much raw carrot causes high bgs. As proven for some on low carb.
The balance has to be just right, for me.