Anyone use Inset 30?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Since being on the pump (and off of Levemir which I was allergic to) I have lost a huge amount of weight. I am now a size 10 and only carry a little fat around my middle and hips. On MDI I would have been so happy with this but on the pump less fat isn't proving so beneficial, for me anyhow.

My sets seem to get sore more quickly and just aren't as comfy. The only place I don't have this issue is on my fattest bits, which are now not many. I currently use the Inset II and am considering trying the Inset 30. I am very nervous of trying a new set and would appreciate any feedback on them.

I am partially sighted and needle phobic so need an easy to use option. Steel sets didn't work for me sadly as my bolus kept leaking back out and that sent my BG sky high.

randomange

Hey,

I use both Inset II and Inset 30 sets, because I find that the Inset 30s are a bit better for places where there is less fat, and the Inset IIs are better for places like my lower back, because I can do them one-handed!

What size cannula are you using? You can get Inset II sets in 6 and 9 mm sizes, are you already using the 6 mm?

With regards to the Inset 30, I found them a little bit more fiddly to use than the Inset II, but not too bad. If you're very needle phobic that might be an issue, as the inserter needle looks huge! Only a small part of it actually goes into your body to insert the set, but it does look quite daunting. The insertion is less scary for me, as it goes in with a much softer 'whang' in comparison to the Inset II. I also find that I need two hands to do it, and I always check to make sure that the cannula is in properly.

I found Animas really helpful when I called to ask about set options - they sent me out a couple of inset 30s to try with no hassle, so you could give them a call and see what they think.

Hope this helps. :)