Confused

Bluegrey2019

Hi so I was getting symptoms of gestational diabetes but my midwife wouldn't move my gtt so I got a monitor and started taking my own readings all high normal or just high highest being today at 9.7mmol 2 hours after lunch.
Now I spoke to gp who agreed to do fasting bloods but on the morning I took my spray iron which contained sugar and sweetener I explained to nurse but she reassured me it's fine and took the test which has now come back normal.
I'm obviously concerned as my own readings are all pointing toward gd even if only borderline. What do I do now or who should I speak too? Thanks for reading

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
This is from Diabetes UK.

Women with gestational diabetes are advised to aim below the following blood glucose target levels:
•fasting: 5.3mmol/l and either
•one hour after meals: 7.8mmol/l or
•two hours after meals: 6.4mmol/l.
Your healthcare team will advise you on how often to test your glucose levels and how you can safely achieve your individual targets

So your reading of 9.7 2 hours after a meal would seem high. I'm not an expert but I think I'd record BG before after every meal and then show it to the GP. Maybe record levels and 3 hours after a meal.