Very high hba1c level - 130mmol/mol. Help.

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
Resurgam, I bought an ice cream maker a few months ago and made some frozen yoghurt a few times. I used to make cakes but I just don't have the time to make them these days. My kitchen and the rest of the house is always in a state and I can't keep up with keeping it clean. I have so much to do and I have lost the inclination and I get very tired quickly. By the time I have cleaned and tidied everything up and am ready to cook, I have to rest as I have arthritis. I come back to the kitchen and breakfast room later only to find that my husband has dropped bread crumbs, coffee beans and liquid all over the working surfaces and floor or he has made his breakfast of porridge and fruit but left the core and skin of his fruit as well as some oats absolutely everywhere. He has cancer and has very strong medication to treat the pain but it leaves him confused and shaky. I spend a lot of time in my 18ft greenhouse where I have been planting bulbs and seeds since last years harvest. I grow all my own vegetables. We have 1½ acres to take care of and a lot of the flower beds are overgrown with weeds. My husband spends most of his time in his workshop, making bird, bat and insect boxes to sell for Cancer Research whereas he used to do a lot more in the house and garden. Maybe when the weather improves and I am feeling better in myself, I will get back to making some cakes and ice cream again but I do have a lot on my plate at the moment. It's my busiest time of year too.