How do you feel when blood sugar is high/low?

BoogalouSTL

I'm interested in everyone's answers to this because I typically hear about the diabetes headaches and such, but I only rarely get those. I'm relatively newly-diagnosed (Sept '19) and am keeping it together pretty well even on days that I don't put in the discipline or work. I know I'm probably lucky so far.

I can tell my blood sugar is getting out of the acceptable range when I start feeling like the blood is rushing to my head. Hot flashes. Almost feels like a fever, but the best way to describe it is as if someone is holding me upside down and all the blood is rushing to my head. If I test during this, I am almost always 10-15 over or under. If I drop below or higher than that, the headache begins.

Does anyone else get this sensation? Is this common/uncommon?

MarkHaZ123

Before I was diagnosed type 1 I used to be mid 20s every day for most of the day. I always felt tired and really couldn't be bothered with things at all.

Since been on insulin I don't tend to get many highs now except after food waiting for the insulin work.

I get dead legs on a night time if my bloods are about 13-14 when I go to bed. This is annoying like a cramp pain, stretching and wetting them helps

I have noticed the last few days I have dipped into the 3s alot but Iv had no real effects. If it's a proper hypo I tend to get sweaty neck and shaking legs which is when I know to have something to counteract it

BoogalouSTL

I'm slightly convinced that my "tired and can't be bothered" state has more to do with being pretty inactive physically. Among the things I need to change. My last HBA1C was 7.2 and it has never gone over 8, but it's still very noticeable.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may relate to the dead legs thing. No cramping, but definite pains occasionally.

I'm Steve

Diagnosis with type 2 September 2012, and I don't know or rather I have never noticed any physiological symptoms.

But that said, I really don't check the levels regularly. Actually over a year ago, the little gizmos is .... who knows.

Mother is type 2 and the insidious nature of diabetes is now centre stage.

Thing is, I don't feel unwell. So....

Aditya Singh

If blood sugar goes above for a long time like 13.5 or above 250mg/DL body started to make ketones then you can feel very serious symptoms like thrust and urination, headache, confusion weakness and irritation and all.
Same if your blood sugar is low you will feel excess sweating, excessive hunger, fainting, fatigue, light-headedness, or shakiness.
And blurry vision and rapid heart beat..