Testing for Prediabetes

Shaj07

Hello all, I am currently doing a 2 hr OGTT for suspected prediabetes. I have been testing myself regularly the past several days and have had above 100 ( but under 126) fasting glucose and have associated symptoms everyday. 1 day I had 180 glucose 1 hr after a meal and felt like I was gonna pass out. Now that I’m actually doing the test. I’m not having the same symptoms that I normally have after eating. I.e sweating, lightheaded, horrible headache, shortness of breath, urge to urinate frequently. I just have a headache and some nausea. When they test my fasting it was an 84 on their meter with my blood from my arm but when I did it at home an hour before my fasting was 100. Has been higher the last several days. Okay at the 2 hr reading was 86 with blood from the arm. I made a comment saying I haven’t seen these numbers in months!! So the lab tech did a finger stick directly after testing blood from the arm. The finger stick showed 100??? Wth Is this normal? I’m afraid im gonna look crazy lol

Divia

Hello. Wow! So from the arm it was 86 and at about the same time, from the finger it was 100? These blood glucose monitors have an error of up to 15%, of I recall correctly. It could be this. From the finger, what blood glucose meter did he use?