High sugars

kellyb97

I’m a type 1 diabetic and and 7 weeks pregnant. I’ve been really tight with my sugar levels and they have been really good lately. Earlier today I had a hypo, I fixed it and 20 minutes later was back to 7.6. I tested two hours later and went up to 23!!! I didn’t eat anything and there was no explanation. I’m really panicking, any reassurance? Has anyone else gone through something similar?

gemmag

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am T1D and almost 6 weeks pregnant. My sugars are usually well controlled (last hba1c was 5.6% 2 weeks ago). However, today my sugars have barely dipped into single figures and I have no idea why. Woke with 4.4mmol had toast for breakfast as normal but since then my sugars have been crazy. I've increased my basal and given heaps of correctional bolus doses. I don't know if this is normal or why it's happening but I'm so worried!
How are you doing now?

kellyb97

Hi!
I’m sorry to hear about your spike in sugar levels too, it is very worrying when it happens.
Since I made this thread, my sugar levels have finally been levelling off, and I’ve actually been finding I’m more on the low side! When I spoke to my diabetes nurse about my high sugar levels a few weeks ago, she said that it was just down to hormones really and to keep increasing my insulin doses.
But for the past few weeks or so they’ve been a lot better, I’m 10 weeks now, so I think levels just increase very very early on in pregnancy, and hopefully you’ll find they’ll be back to normal soon! Let me know how you get on :)

Reactions: gemmag