Libre targets.

ROE100

I understand this isn't answering your techincial question but even if I had the answer I wouldn't understand but.

I had a look back through photo's of the arrows and graphs when I also seemed to have a similar quandry/query to yourself and as I mention before spoke to Abbott who dismiss my query.

I then did the following with arrows - no matter what the arrow said I would look at the graph and if the arrow reflected the line on the graph then great but if the arrow was horizontal but the graph was showing a rise I did some more scans soon after and if the arrow was still horizontial but the graph was on the up I knew I was actaully on a rise rather than staying level did a finger prick and make a decision to correct or leave.

I no longer use the Libre for a few reasons.

Reactions: Zinadane

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The lag is not 15 minutes for everyone.
I seem to be one of the lucky ones with a delay of only 5 minutes. And I hear the new Freestyle libre 2 has an even shorter delay.
I thought 15 mins was the norm for everyone, so how do you determine what your 'lag' is, loads of scan and blood tests is it?
Also, I didnt know that libre 2 was an improvement as far as the lag figure goes.

sgm14

I thought 15 mins was the norm for everyone,

Don't know if there are differences between libre1 versions in different countries, but I have I seen some abbott sites quote https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20920428/ which says 5-10 is the norm and in other places they quote 5 minutes as being average.

so how do you determine what your 'lag' is, loads of scan and blood tests is it?

Loads of scans maybe, I won't say loads of blood tests, but there have been a few occasions when I have had bad lows and I have taken sugar, but after 15-20 minutes I start to think I need to take more, as the scans still show I am low, but I would always do a finger prick reading to confirm. That usually tells me that my blood sugar is actually rising. So I won't take any more sugar but I would continue to scan every few minutes or so until my levels are high enough for me to relax. And it is usually about five minutes later that the libre scans will reach the level that the finger prick reading said.

Also, I didnt know that libre 2 was an improvement as far as the lag figure goes.

According to https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/
The FreeStyle Libre 2 Sensor Glucose readings lag behind a finger prick blood glucose reading by about 2.1 minutes for children and about 2.4 minutes for adults .