NovoRapid to Fiasp?

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I had an appointment with my diabetes team and they basically are wanting to switch me from one insulin to another one for the first time since 2017!! But unlike the 2017 insulin switchover it’s my short acting insulin they want to change! Benefits of Fiasp?
Next appointment is in June so maybe more info would be given then but they mentioned that on the same appointment we mentioned Libre 2 to them after getting an email about it.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The benefits of Fiasp are in its full name “Fast Insulin ASPart”.
It is faster acting than NovoRapid.

I have been using it for over a year and find it much faster than NovoSluggish which I had to take 40 minutes before I ate to avoid a spike.

I am surprised your diabetes team has not explained this.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me, switching from Novorapid to Fiasp has made my life a lot better!
On Novorapid I had to try to inject 30 to 50 minutes before eating to prevent high after dinner spikes, which took a lot of the fun out of eating for me. On Fiasp I usually just inject and eat, or leave it for 15 minutes max if I'm on the high side before eating.

I also see a lot quicker if my dose was about right or not, allowing me to correct earlier and thus preventing higher spikes or hypo's.
I've been on Fiasp for over 2 years now.

Reactions: skeema89 and 22nw22

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
On Novorapid I had to try to inject 30 to 50 minutes before eating to prevent high after dinner spikes, which took a lot of the fun out of eating for me. On Fiasp I usually just inject and eat, or leave it for 15 minutes max if I'm on the high side before eating.

I also see a lot quicker if my dose was about right or not, allowing me to correct earlier and thus preventing higher spikes or hypo's.
How does Fiasp work if you have to dose for dawn dump?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Much better than Novorapid for me. I take a generous dose before getting out of bed. On Novorapid I'd often rise to 11 (from 5-7) before very slowly coming down, on Fiasp I often only see a very small bump in my line.
Actually, foot on the floor effect was the main reason I pushed my HCP to prescribe me Fiasp as soon as it was available in my country, as this was the one BG effect I could not affect by changing my habits. All the other positive changes were an extra present :)

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That’s great to hear

Reactions: Antje77

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The benefits of Fiasp are in its full name “Fast Insulin ASPart”.
It is faster acting than NovoRapid.

I have been using it for over a year and find it much faster than NovoSluggish which I had to take 40 minutes before I ate to avoid a spike.

I am surprised your diabetes team has not explained this.
They said it was a bit faster

Reactions: In Response

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you considering switching over to it too? I know my Diabetes Team’s switched me over to it. Also changing from Libre to Libre 2

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
For me I was able to inject right after eating and it had the same effect as inject 10 mins before with rapid

Also correction you will start to see a drop after about 10 minutes

Apart from that not much different

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After doing research on the new insulin that I'm due to receive in April, I was informed that it's just enhanced NovoRapid that's been completely rebranded to be named Fiasp. Essentially it is just NovoRapid but with Vitamin B3 and Amino Acid, but it still has the potential

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
After doing research on the new insulin that I'm due to receive in April, I was informed that it's just enhanced NovoRapid that's been completely rebranded to be named Fiasp. Essentially it is just NovoRapid but with Vitamin B3 and Amino Acid, but it still has the potential

Yes it virtually the same.. the B3 and amino acid just make it absorb quicker

skeema89

I asked to be switched over about 8 months ago as a friend of mine recommended it, and it was the best thing I’ve done. As mentioned above it’s the quickness of it working which is key. Dawn phenomenon is easily taken care of. And when your on the go and want to eat you can have it only minutes before which is ideal.

Reactions: EllieM