Latest LibreLink ignoring readings

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
LibreLink was updated a few months ago under Android and some things (like fonts) seemed to have changed.

I have noticed using Libre 1 that sometimes extreme readings recorded by a scan were eventually ignored by the App.

This is more obvious with my first Libre 2 where I had my first alarm yesterday evening when reading in bed.
The reading was a rapid (almost vertical) drop from 5.9 to 3.8.
[On my back so not leaning on the sensor as far as I can tell.]
I didn't really believe this (although I have no idea if I am hypo aware and if so when hypo awareness kicks in) so I kept scanning every 5 minutes or so and the results kept climbing until 9 minutes later it was reading 5.2.
The daily graph then pointedly ignored these low readings.

My first scan of the day was 8.8 followed 26 minutes later by a 7.6. The graph is now ignoring the 8.8.

This does seem mainly sensible, just unexpected.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Libre takes the average of 15 minutes for its graph so very short peaks and lows won't show in the graph. If you go to the 'Logbook' screen (not sure what that one is called in English) you'll see the dot from the scan outside the graph, like in this screenshot of a rather extreme instance of this phenomenon:

163877548_10223143566371862_6735993749199300415_o.jpg

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, thanks for that explanation. I've been using Libre for 4 years and seen this a few times and never understood why. So obvious once explained .

Reactions: Antje77