Berberine root

Ani_me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried Berberine root extracts? Was it helpful for type 2?

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm prediabetic, well I was the last time I was tested. I've tried berberine, and it did nothing to lower my blood sugar readings. I've also tried chromium, cinnamon, moringa, but none of them worked. I'm always looking for a magic bullet, but I don't think there is one out there. The solution is eating meat, fish, eggs, cheese, served with vegetables that grow above the ground, and cutting out carbs, Lots of people seem to think that eating oats is OK, but even a small amount sends up my readings, and so do lentils and beans.

I've read that Vanadium is supposedly good for lowering BG levels, but this is not one I've tried. I'm giving this one a miss until I hear from good sources that it works.

Good luck in your search.

Reactions: Sad21+

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold

Tried it for 3 months. I measure blood glucose several times per day - no noticeable difference in levels

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
No real difference in BG after several months. I would like to have taken a c-pep and insulin resistance before, during and after a course of Berberine to get a fuller picture.

Based on BG alone I'd say Metformin wasn't very effective considering the daily morning phenomena I use to experience. Just an opinion though and based on my experience.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm already on Low Carb, but I tried berberine and found that it slightly reduced my elevated LDL level (not that I was worried, but the medical professionals were). So I keep taking it.