Freestyle libre 2 issue after issue

ryanstua

Since switching to the Freestyle libre 2's I don't think the sensor has ever managed a full 14 days. In fact the longest a sensor has survived has been 5 days. In the last 10 days alone I've been through 4 sensors all ending with the "This sensor no longer works" message. I've not changed how I apply them or how I use them however it is getting very annoying needing to replace them and waiting nearly a week to get any sort of response.

Has anyone else had any problems with the new sensors?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Since switching to the Freestyle libre 2's I don't think the sensor has ever managed a full 14 days. In fact the longest a sensor has survived has been 5 days. In the last 10 days alone I've been through 4 sensors all ending with the "This sensor no longer works" message. I've not changed how I apply them or how I use them however it is getting very annoying needing to replace them and waiting nearly a week to get any sort of response.

There's a couple of diabetes related Facebook forums I am a member of and there are a lot of people posting about Libre 2 issues lately. Problems with the sensor getting stuck in the applicator seem quite common too. I don't think it's just you.

ryanstua

There's a couple of diabetes related Facebook forums I am a member of and there are a lot of people posting about Libre 2 issues lately. Problems with the sensor getting stuck in the applicator seem quite common too. I don't think it's just you.

Thanks urbanracer - yes, I've suffered with trying to insert the applicator into the sensor holder and the sensor not connecting to the applicator. The applicator seemed to be the wrong size or something as I just couldn't get the applicator to dock at all.

I'm pleased but also not pleased to hear I am not the only one suffering.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
If only dexcom would do a free trial....
I think they do search Google for dexcom free trial

Think there is a page 'hello dexcom'

Last edited:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The Dexcom free trial expired a few months ago.
I didn’t find it any more accurate than Libre 2 which I have not had any issues with.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had this a few months ago but luckily not until day 13 of the sensor's life. Abbott replaced it still, though I always try to have 2 sensors in because Abbott took almost 3 weeks for the new sensor to arrive. Only had 2 sensors fail in almost 3 years using libre luckily.

EK297

Yes, I’ve had three Libre 2 sensors failed within the first 24 hours recently. Abbot have replaced them all but still frustrating. Just a general “sensor not working” message

Elaine karen

I had this happen couple months ago was told to uninstall the app then reinstall it wen I replaced sensor. It seems to of done the trick good luck